· Advertising bookings will be confirmed either by an advertiser signing and returning the order form or by receipt of a confirmation telephone call, email or letter. Confirmation indicates your agreement to provide advert copy by the copy deadline, approve your advert for printing and to pay for your advertising by the due date on the invoice. In return, Local Focus will print your advert in the agreed issue of a Local Focus magazine.
· All adverts are accepted by Local Focus on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permissions for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in their advert/editorial/article/any other content. We cannot accept adverts which you do not have permission to copy.
· Local Focus reserves the right to refuse / edit advertisements at our discretion.
· If you are providing your own artwork, copy for your advertisement must be provided by the copy deadline. You will be informed of the deadline dates at the time of booking.
· If you are providing your own artwork, advertisements must be submitted in one of the following formats: MS Publisher, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, JPEG, TIFF or PDF. A minimum of 300dpi is required. They may be sent by email to
email@example.com or alternatively, left in to the office (please ring 028 90 817579 to arrange this).
· Any adverts supplied in JPEG, pdf or any other pre-prepared format will be inserted into the magazine as supplied and will be assumed not to require copy approval. These files should be supplied at a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution. These files may be re-sized to fit the appropriate space.
· There may be a design fee if you wish Local Focus to create an advert for you. Please ask for details. Where Local Focus has designed artwork for you, it is your responsibility to proof read the advert at approval stage and advise Local Focus of any errors.
· If we have designed your advertisement and you wish to use your advertisement elsewhere, you will be required to ask the permission of Local Focus, and there may be a release fee.
· We can make no guarantees that your advert will be successful; therefore we are unable to offer you a refund if you receive no response.
· All invoices are payable within 7 days of the date stated on the invoice or by the relevant copy deadline date, whichever is sooner and in no circumstances shall the advertiser be entitled to make any deduction or withhold payment for any reason at all.
· If you have booked an advertising package for more than one edition and cease trading during this period, it is your responsibility to contact us to remove your advertisement. If you have paid in advance, you will receive a refund for the outstanding bookings, less an administration fee of £5. Also, if you have booked an advertising package for more than one edition and you wish to amend any details within the period booked, it is your responsibility to advise Local Focus of any changes.
· Advertisers who pay by cheque which is subsequently returned unpaid will be invoiced a £10 fee, in addition to the original invoice amount.
· Advertisement bookings for more than three editions may be paid monthly by standing order. For a standing order form please contact Local Focus on 028 90 817579. Standing orders must be set up so that payment is received by Local Focus by the 15th of the month, prior to printing.
· If advertisers wish to cancel their standing order, Local Focus must be informed at least two weeks before the next deadline date. Failure to do so may result in their advert being included in the next edition and a separate invoice will be issued which must be paid in full. If the advertiser cancels their standing order without telling Local Focus and the advert is published, the advertiser will be invoiced separately for the advertising cost.
· When you book your advertisements, you are agreeing to pay the current price by the due date. In cases of overdue accounts, Local Focus will exercise their statutory right by referring the matter to the Small Claims Court of the Northern Ireland Court Service. We will also add interest at the rate of 8% pa, as permitted by the Small Claims Court, on any outstanding balance from the date of the invoice to the date of receipt of payment in full.